Thursday, September 17, 2009

Addendum to Disclaimer and Policies

I need to add this to my Disclaimer and Policies:

I understand that I do not have the copyright on canvas painting. Many people paint and sell their work. However, I do want to claim copyright on my designs. Please do not copy any of my designs or the nature of the design and then sell them. I come up with original pieces and have never copied another artists' work, and I ask that you do the same. It's hurtful and disrespectful to me as a creative person to claim an idea or design as your own.

Please feel free to show my work on your blog, etc. but I ask that you give me credit and also link back to this website.

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I had a feeling from some of the recent facebook statuses that someone might be copying your work. It's terrible that someone did that, and for you to have to even put this addendum onto your disclaimer. Your work truly is beautiful, classy and creative - but that certainly doesn't give anyone the right to use your ideas or designs. Hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that this has happened, Ashley. I could also tell by your FB status that this had become an issue. And you're right that while other artists paint canvases and even ones with scriptures on them, that no one should ever -ever copy/steal a design of yours. That's just tacky! I know Demetria has felt this same sting as well. There are people who have copied the dimensions of her frames, the type of finish and colors she uses, the prices she asks and even down to the burlap back ground she displays them in front of on her business website. Truly tacky! I say all this not to diminish what you are going through, but, to let you know you're not alone. I hope this disclaimer helps! God Bless you and this business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ashley! i LOVE all of your work! a thought occurred to me today. you might look into watermarking your pictures with your designs. i don't know how to do it and the only blog i've seen it on is private but that way no one can copy the pics or at least if they do they would have your name on it! happy painting!
    -jenni

    ReplyDelete